This page does not have a description.
Back to Listings
Click here to go back to the recipe listings
Sweet Potato Salad
Source: aarp magazine (Entered by karen schuman)
I found this recipe in a magazine a couple of years ago and everyone that’s tried it loves it and it can be tweaked for personal preferences.
Serves: 8-10 as side dish depending on size of vegetables used
Step by Step Instructions
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Bake sweet potatoes for 1 hour. cool, peel, and chop into bite sized pieces app. 1/4".
- In a large bowl mix mayo and mustard.
- Add sweet potatoes, celery, red bell pepper, pineapple and scallions. Toss gently. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. The longer it sets the more the flavors marry, overnight works great!
- Fold in pecans and sprinkle with chives to serve.
- 114 calories, 28g protein, 14g carbohydrates, 2g fiber, 7g fat, 2mg cholesterol, 341 mg sodium
Comments added by fellow market members.
Works great as a side dish to turkey or chicken. Can replace traditional potato salad at pretty much any meal It even has just enough sweetness that you wouldn't miss a dessert.